|Minimum Order Quantity
|Packaging Size (ex. 1L or 1Kg)
|Surface of Application
|Greater than 99%
|PHARMA & CHEMICAL GRADE BOTH AVAILABLE
Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) is a versatile and widely used cellulose derivative that finds extensive application across various industries. Known for its unique properties, CMC is derived from natural cellulose and chemically modified to enhance its solubility and functionality. This comprehensive product description aims to provide an in-depth understanding of sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, including its properties, manufacturing process, and diverse applications.
1. Properties of Carboxymethyl Cellulose:
1.1. Physical Properties: carboxymethyl cellulose is a white to off-white, odorless powder with a fibrous appearance. It has a high molecular weight and is hygroscopic in nature, readily absorbing water to form viscous solutions or gels. The solubility of CMC varies depending on the degree of substitution (DS) and the molecular weight.
2. Manufacturing Process of Carboxymethyl Cellulose: The production of CMC involves several steps, starting with the extraction of cellulose from natural sources such as wood pulp, cotton, or agricultural waste. The extracted cellulose is then subjected to alkalization, followed by etherification using sodium monochloroacetate. The reaction produces sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, which is subsequently purified, dried, and milled to obtain the final product.
3. Applications of Carboxymethyl Cellulose: 3.1. Food Industry: CMC is widely used in the food industry as a stabilizer, thickener, binder, and emulsifier. It imparts viscosity and enhances texture in a variety of food products, including baked goods, dairy products, beverages, and sauces. Moreover, CMC's ability to form gels and films makes it suitable for applications such as edible coatings and encapsulation of flavors and additives.
3.2. Pharmaceutical Industry: In the pharmaceutical industry, CMC serves as a critical excipient in various formulations. It is utilized as a binder in tablet manufacturing, a thickening agent in liquid dosage forms, and a stabilizer in suspensions. CMC also finds application in controlled drug release systems, providing sustained release of active pharmaceutical ingredients.
3.3. Personal Care and Cosmetics: CMC is employed in personal care and cosmetic products due to its excellent thickening, stabilizing, and moisturizing properties. It is commonly found in creams, lotions, shampoos, toothpaste, and gels. CMC acts as a rheology modifier, enhancing product consistency and ensuring proper dispersion of active ingredients.
3.4. Detergents and Cleaning Products: carboxymethyl cellulose finds use in the manufacturing of detergents and cleaning products. Its ability to act as a thickener and stabilizer improves the viscosity and stability of liquid detergents, dishwashing liquids, and surface cleaners. CMC also contributes to the formation of uniform and stable foam in various cleaning formulations.
3.5. Paper and Textile Industry: In the paper industry, CMC acts as a surface sizing agent, improving the printability, water resistance, and strength of paper products. It also serves as a coating binder, enhancing the adhesion of pig
Top of Form
Top of Form
|PHARMACEUTICALS, PERSONAL CARE, PAINTS & COATING , ADHESIVES
Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC) – High-Quality Thickening and Stabilizing Agent
Product Description: Discover the versatility of Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC), a premium-grade additive widely recognized for its exceptional thickening and stabilizing properties. Our Hydroxyethyl Cellulose product is a superior choice for various industries, ranging from cosmetics and personal care to paints, coatings, adhesives, and more.
1. Enhanced Viscosity: Hydroxyethyl Cellulose is a hydrocolloid that effectively increases the viscosity of aqueous solutions. It imparts a luxurious texture and consistency to formulations, enhancing their appeal to end-users.
2. Stabilization: Our HEC acts as an outstanding stabilizer, promoting emulsion stability and preventing phase separation in various liquid formulations. This ensures that your products remain homogenous and maintain their desired characteristics over time.
3. Water Retention: Hydroxyethyl Cellulose offers excellent water-retaining capabilities, making it an ideal choice for applications where moisture management is crucial. It helps products maintain their desired properties even under changing environmental conditions.
4. Thickening Efficiency: This product excels in thickening a wide range of formulations, including gels, creams, lotions, and more. It provides consistent and controllable thickening, allowing you to achieve the desired texture and viscosity level with ease.
5. Compatibility: Hydroxyethyl Cellulose demonstrates compatibility with a variety of ingredients commonly used in the industry, such as surfactants, salts, and other additives. This makes it a versatile choice for formulating a wide array of products.
6. pH Stability: Our HEC exhibits excellent stability over a broad pH range, ensuring consistent performance across various formulations.
Experience the difference that Hydroxyethyl Cellulose can bring to your formulations. Our product meets the highest quality standards and is available in various grades to suit your specific requirements. Enhance the performance, stability, and aesthetics of your products with our premium HEC solution.
Contact us now to learn more about our Hydroxyethyl Cellulose product and how it can benefit your industry-specific applications.
|Minimum Order Quantity
|Bio-Tech Grade, Technical Grade
1. Hydrophilic Nature: Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose is hydrophilic in nature, making it an exceptional thickening and water-retaining agent. It enhances the texture and stability of formulations, ensuring consistent product quality.
1. Improved Workability: Our MHEC is well-known for enhancing the workability of construction materials, including mortars, tile adhesives, and grouts. It imparts excellent water retention properties, leading to better spreadability and adhesion.
2. Film-Forming Ability: Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose can form thin, flexible films when used in coatings, paints, and adhesives. This property contributes to improved surface characteristics, durability, and overall performance.
3. Rheology Modification: MHEC is an exceptional rheology modifier, allowing you to control the viscosity and flow behavior of your formulations. This feature is particularly advantageous in products like paints, where precise application properties are crucial.
4. Enhanced Stability: By acting as a stabilizer, our MHEC ensures the uniform distribution of components in emulsions, suspensions, and solutions. This leads to improved shelf life and consistent product performance.
5. Versatility: Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose demonstrates remarkable compatibility with a wide range of materials, including other additives, pigments, and solvents. This versatility enables its application in diverse industries.